Our beautiful little family

Friday, June 26, 2009

Hello & Welcome


Hello and welcome to our blog. We have created this blog so you can follow us on our adventure into parenthood for the first time.

We found out we were expecting on February 24, 2009. I had a feeling the weekend before that I was pregnant, but didn't say anything to John, nor did I take a home test. I really, really wanted to, but I think I was scared that 1. I wasn't or 2. that I WAS. Ha-ha. A couple of days later it was confirmed by my doctor that I was indeed pregnant. I drove home, smiling the whole way, trying to figure out how to tell John. He was already home from work so I couldn't really do anything creative to surprise him. I casually walked in the house, put away my things that I take to work and walked into his computer room. When he asked me how the doctor was, I just said "it was positive". He looked at me, perplexed and said "What?" and then I told him that the pregnancy test was POSITIVE. He jumped up, hugged me, congratulated me and then asked me "Do you want to go to Target?" LOL One of the most memorable, exciting days of our lives and we went shopping at Target to buy a Wii. We walked by the baby stuff, but didn't go down any aisles. I think we were both in shock still and didn't really believe what was going to happen to us in 9 or so months. A few days later we told our parents, who were equally happy that we were expecting. This will be the first grandchild for my parents and the 3rd for John's mom, but this will be the first baby in about 12 years for her. Her granddaughters, Kaitlyn (16) and Sara (12) live in Arizona with John's sister Gina and her husband Aaron. John also has another sister, Alicia, who lives in Michigan. I am an only child---you can imagine what this news has done to my parents. They are very excited to become grandparents for the first time. Hmmmm....I wonder if they will babysit????? :0)

I am due on November 4, 2009. We are NOT, I repeat, we are NOT finding out the sex of the baby.

We hope you enjoy our blog and follow us as we enter this new phase of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment