Our beautiful little family

Monday, August 17, 2009

Glucose Tolerence Test Take 2!


On Friday, August 14th I had to go back to the doctor for the dreaded 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. I had to eat a high carb diet for 3 days before the test, fast the night before and not eat or drink anything until after the test was over. By Thursday night I felt like the stay-puff marshmallow girl! The time of the test went by fast, I bought and read 3 magazines cover to cover and my blood was drawn every hour. I was finally out of there before noon. I came home and ate, thinking I would feel better but I didn't. I started to feel worse! So, I basically laid around, napped and felt like crap all day long.

Today I got the results and I passed! Yay! It's definitely worth it, but there should be a better way to find out if you have gestational diabetes. The route I went was crappy and I never, ever want to do that again!

I am now just over 28 weeks. Wow--the time is flying by. I went and registered at Babies R Us yesterday with Jenn. It was a great day and I had a lot of fun picking out stuff for the baby. Our shower is coming up at the end of September and I am looking forward to celebrating with our friends and family!

Here is a picture of me at 28 weeks and 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment