Our beautiful little family

Monday, August 10, 2009

I got a F in Glucose Testing

Yep, I failed the glucose tolerence testing from Friday. I was 13 points over the maximum. Now I have to go back on Friday and do the 3 hour test, which consists of me eating a high carb diet for the next 3 days, then fasting the night before, a blood draw at 8:30am, the sugary drink and then blood draws every hour for the next 3 hours. Oh yeah, and, I can't leave the doctor's office! Oh joy! I guess I better stock up on things to read while I am there! I also have to take an iron supplement because mine is on the lower side. We went and bought the ones that were recommended to me and they are $9.50 for a box of 30 and I have to take them 2 times a day. Great.....I guess these are the baby Gods getting me back for having such a good pregnancy so far! Oh well, if this is the worst of it before birth, I guess I can handle it. It could be worse, that's for sure!!! Oh, the good thing is I can pee in a cup properly! My urine test came back just fine. Figures....I get an A in peeing, and a F in glucose testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment